A brave girl of six died in hospital after she suffered from third degree burn, in attempt to save her younger brother from hot water.
It has been reported that the girl, Masha Yantuganova, was playing with her one and half year old brother, Dima at home in the village of Suuk-Chishma in the Russian Republic of Bashkortostan, when he accidentally hit an electric kettle’s cable, causing it to topple over.
Masha immediately jumped over and covered her brother to save him from the hot water.
After this incident, she came out screaming to her parents, who immediately took her to hospital using the neighbor’s car – as ambulance failed to arrive on time.
After arriving hospital, they had to wait for the doctor for an hour and when the doctor came – he just smeared an ointment over her baby and then said they had run out and didn’t have enough for her daughter.
The family immediately took her to another hospital, where she eventually died.