The Saudi-led coalition, along with loyalist forces, have pushed the Houthis back from a few areas, including Aden, although the rebels still control the capital, Sanaa.
The celebration in Al-Wahijah, a village near the strategic Strait of Bab al-Mandab, turned to tragedy when it was hit by two airstrikes.
Dozens of people, including children, have died in Yemen after apparent airstrikes meant to hit Shia rebels mistakenly targeted a wedding party.
Yemeni security officials said dozens more people were injured in the attack that took place in the village of al-Wahijah on Monday.
“They struck a wedding, there were only civilians there and majority died because the Mokha hospital is closed because of supply – no drugs, no fuel, no electricity, no nothing, so the staff left”, Boucenine said.
According to the residents, at least 12 women, eight children and seven men had lost their lives in the attack.
The death toll was likely to rise because a few people were missing, another medical source said, as rescuers combed the rubble.
The strikes, a senior government official said, were “a mistake”.
Coalition spokesperson Brigadier-General Ahmed al-Asseri denied the allegations in a statement to Reuters, saying that coalition aircraft had conducted no flights in the area during the last three days and suggested local residents may have confused an airstrike with artillery fire.
The Saudi and Dutch delegations did not immediately respond to e-mailed requests for comment. “Also, people sometimes can not distinguish between canon, mortar and Katyusha (rockets)”.
More than 2,100 civilians have been killed in the conflict so far, according to United Nations figures.
Past year in September, the rebels overran Sanaa with the backing of troops loyal to Hadi’s predecessor, Ali Abdullah Saleh, a Shiite leader allied with the Houthis.
Riyadh launched air strikes against the Huthis to support the internationally-backed government of Yemeni President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi, which was losing ground.