One Direction will reportedly disband in March of next year, reports The Sunday.
Didn’t think things could get much worse for the poor Directioners following the shock announcement that Zayn Malik was leaving the band this March?
Al Pereira via Getty Images Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson of One Direction perform on “Good Morning America’s Summer Concert Series” at Rumsey Playfield, Central Park on August 4, 2015 in New York City.
The one-year hiatus is so that the band members can pursue their own projects. The group will split up for around a year but members say they will reunite “at some time in the future”. According to People, the group – who recently released “Drag Me Down“, their first single as a foursome – will continue working together on their fifth studio album, but will not not be touring next year.
“They are taking a hiatus so they can work on individual projects for a while but they are not splitting up”, a source told E! It reported that their last show before the break will be at Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, on October 31.
Once, they were united – five young men brought together by “The X Factor” five years ago bent on conquering the world.
Some of the fans of the English-Irish boy band have given their reactions on Twitter over the claims that Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson will go their separate ways.
One tweeted: “No tour for the next album!?!!”
According to an unnamed source who spoke to the Sun, the plan had been on the cards “with or without” Malik. “In fact, the band have been making wonderful music and been incredibly happy without Zayn“, the insider said. It’s the sound of 50 million One Direction fans collectively sobbing.
The source added: “All the boys have a massive amount of options available to them”.