Fans were left devastated on Sunday when it was revealed One Direction are set to “split” next year.
Last month, One Direction celebrated its 5 years of togetherness and as the fans poured in their wishes on Twitter, they were still in a dilemma over the break up reports. It was a mutual decision from all four members, although so far none of them have directly commented on the reported split.
The tabloid said Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Liam Payne want to focus on solo projects. At the time he told fans: “My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined”. According to People, the group – who recently released “Drag Me Down“, their first single as a foursome – will continue working together on their fifth studio album, but will not not be touring next year.
The source said that the other members of the band had already been thinking about disbanding before Malik’s move.
“If you’re sad about One Direction’s 2016 breakup, just know that when I was your age, one day NSYNC just stopped making music”, one tweet read. Apparently, there’s every intention for the guys to regroup a year later, but of course time will tell whether that really happens.
The group will have a break over Christmas before getting back together to finish promoting their new album in February.
They have since enjoyed massive chart success but their final show is set to be at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena on October 31.
The boys are said to have held “crunch talks” in London last week, where they decided to take an “extended hiatus” following a series of long tours. Niall is also claimed to be interested in recording solo material, but Liam is reportedly more keen on developing production experience and DJing.