A councillor was caught tweeting during today’s midday minute of silence in memory of the Tunisia terror attack victims.
38 people in total were killed on 26 June when a gunman armed with a Kalashnikov rifle opened fire on guests at a popular beach resort in Sousse in the eastern part of the country.
In March, IS killed 22 people at the famous Bardo museum in Tunisia’s capital, Tunis.
Other victims killed in the attack include three Irish citizens, two Germans, one Belgian, one Portuguese and one Russian national.
Mr Cameron said the holidaymakers “suddenly became the victims of the most brutal terrorist attack against the British people for many years”.
Staff and customers at Thomson travel agents on Pinstone Street in the city centre, paid their respects and held a minutes silence.
Flags were flown at half-mast over Whitehall and Buckingham Palace, while at Wimbledon the start of play was delayed by 45 minutes to allow players and spectators to observe the event.
However, Cameron now has much larger parliamentary support, as well as a different desired target on Syrian soil, and British lawmakers may be willing to reconsider in the wake of the Tunisia massacre.
It was the deadliest attack in Tunisia’s recent history.
A one-minute silence was held at Silverstone which is hosting the British Grand Prix on Sunday.
Chinyere Inyama, senior coroner for West London, confirmed their bodies will be released to their family as he adjourned the inquest to a date to be fixed.
The Interior Ministry has said it is seeking suspects Rafeeq al-Tayary, 28, and Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Mohsen al-Shirady, a 23-year-old student, in connection with last week’s attack.
Inquests into each of the 30 deaths will be opened to probe the circumstances of each death.
Those repatriated today are Christopher and Sharon Bell, Scott Chalkley, Sue Davey, Angela and Raymond Fisher, Eileen Swannack, and John Welch, the Foreign Office said.
Sky News reporter Richard Suchet says the UK counter-terror unit has identified 1,200 possible witnesses to the attack who have returned home.
“Senior United Kingdom police identification managers have assisted in Tunisia and in the UK to oversee the identification process”, he added.
The repatriation of all the dead is likely to take several days, with two further flights planned for Friday and Saturday.