Two killed outside Australian state police headquarters

The boy was killed in an exchange of gunfire with officers outside a police headquarters in Parramatta, west of the city of Sydney, after killing the employee in “an appalling act of brutality”, police said on Friday.


Shortly after the incident, a crime scene was established, with surrounding streets blocked off and a police helicopter seen hovering above.

New South Wales Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says it is not clear why Cheng was targeted.

It is understood police became aware of a plans for a possible attack on Parramatta headquarters 12 months ago, although Australia’s ABC network reported that the incident was not thought to be terrorism-related. I can tell you that this was a brutal crime.

NSW Premier Mike Baird has urged people to go on with their lives, including celebrating this weekend’s AFL and NRL Grand Finals, following a shooting which left two people dead in Parramatta last night.

The site of the shooting is located next to two schools and a childcare centre, as well as a scooter workshop popular with children in the afternoon.

Police say it was a politically motivated attack linked to terrorism.

“We can’t forget that the police community are deeply impacted by this”. “The gunman was yelling something, with his gun above his head”.

Cheng’s wife Selina, son Alpha and daughter Zilvia said in a joint statement they were “deeply saddened and heartbroken” that the “most loved husband and father” was taken from them.

Charles street has been blocked off because of the incident.

“I heard two gunshots, and a few of our employees went outside”, Edwin said.

Numan Haider, 18, of Afghan descent, stabbed two counter-terrorism officers at a police station in the Melbourne suburb of Endeavour Hills before being shot dead. He has spoken with the leaders of Islamic communities who have condemned the shooting and offered their full support.


The Blackburn teenager – who sent thousands of online messages to an alleged Australian jihadist – will serve at least five years and will only be released once he is no longer considered risky.

BREAKING: Two dead after shooting outside police headquarters